Sioux Falls, S.D.-based American Bank & Trust donated $45,107 to local schools this year through its Spirit Card program, nearly double the amount it awarded in 2022.
The initiative helps schools purchase needs for staff and students. Donations included:
- $8,768 to the Huron Tigers for cheer and dancing equipment, seventh grade book publishing, classroom headphones, science lab materials and an independent learning aid.
- $6,943 to the Miller Rustlers for their Armory sound system.
- $5,330 to the Pierre Governors for a disability swing, new sewing machines, air intake shop dust collector and for fundraisers.
- $5,383 to the De Smet Bulldogs for new furniture for their elementary library.
- $5,113 to the Wessington Springs Spartans for standing desks, magnetic white boards and the school’s locker project.
- $3,243 to the Wolsey-Wessington Warbirds for sensory path flooring, classroom books, a storage cart, Cricut maker and Cricut supplies.
- $2,239 to the Northwestern Wildcats for a convection oven and popcorn popper for the concession stands.
- $2,088 to the Stanley County Buffalo for a drum set, stage lighting, reading bean bags, iPads and programs to help those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- $1,000 to the Corsica-Stickney Jaguars for laptop carts.
- $1,000 to the Howard Tigers for its Disability Awareness Day.
- $1,000 to the Iroquois Chiefs to help purchase Flipboards.
- $1,000 to the James Valley Christian Vikings for teacher supplies.
- $1,000 to the Watertown Arrows for general uses.
- $1,000 to the Worthington Trojans for general purposes.