New Ulm-based Citizens Bank Minnesota awarded eight student scholarships this year as part of the bank’s annual scholarship program.
As part of the Community Bankers Scholarship Program, the bank awards the scholarships to senior applicants who plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at either a two- or four-year college in the coming fall. Scholarships are available to bank customers who complete the online educational banking videos and have a Citizens checking account.
Students who received $1,000 scholarships included:
- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial High School graduate Kaitlyn Kirchner, who received a $1,000 scholarship that is renewable for a potential value of $4,000 over four years of college
- Eden Valley-Watkins High School graduates Erin Geislinger and Victoria Reikofski
- Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School graduate Josh Giefer
- St. James High School graduate Jacob Runge
- Lakeville North High School graduate Helen Zenner
Two students received $500 scholarships, including Cathedral High School graduate Clare Fischer and Lakeville North High School graduate Jack Heggen.