Employees of Mattoon, Ill.-based First Mid Bancshares recorded more than 15,800 hours of volunteer work last year.
Each volunteer can choose a local organization to receive $500 from First Mid on their behalf. The $6.7 billion company, parent company of First Mid Bank & Trust N.A., First Mid Insurance Group and First Mid Wealth Management Co., recently recognized the top five bank volunteers for their contributions, including:
- CRA Retail Loan Officer Fredy Moreno, who donated to local youth soccer organization Arcola FC. Moreno founded the organization in 2019.
- Information Security Administrator J.P. Piper who donated to faith-based organization El Shaddai Emmaus of Indiana.
- Executive Assistant Amy Beals who donated to Newton Community High School’s Theatre Department.
- Accounts Payable Officer Jennifer Bartels who donated to One Stop Community Christmas, a local organization that provides assistance to those in need in local counties.
- Assistant Trust Administration Officer Barb Cooper to Bethel #49 Job’s Daughters International, a youth organization for girls and young women.