Forward Bank, including Forward Insurance and Forward Investment Services, has donated $55,000 this year to nonprofits and charities.
The donations came after Forward employees nominated nonprofits and charities they believed needed more support within their communities. Using social media and printed materials, the bank encouraged communities to vote to help guide the selection of one charity per community to receive a $5,000 check. The outreach netted 1,700 votes over one week.
The 2021 recipients included:
- Youth Education Supporters in Athens
- Abbotsford Sportsman’s Club in Colby
- Learn a Lot Preschool in Greenwood
- Hannah Center in Marshfield
- Soup or Socks in Marshfield
- Hope Hospice of Medford
- Chequamegon School District in Park Falls
- AM Vets Ladies Aux Post #50 in Phillips
- Stanley Community Association
- Thorp Area Senior Citizen Center
- Owen-Withee Booster Club