Wisconsin-based Prevail Bank recently donated money to five local nonprofits through its Charitable Contributions Committee, including:
- $10,000 to the Children’s Museum of Eau Claire to support its expansion project. The museum plans to add 6,134 square feet of exhibit and classroom space, a preschool and childcare space, and parking adjacent to the building. Half of the donation was given in November. The rest will be allocated over the next three years. A grand opening ceremony is tentatively scheduled for the start of next year.
- $3,073 to the United Way of South Wood and Adams County. Of that, $2,073 was raised and/or donated by bank employees. The additional $1,000 was donated by the bank itself.
- $2,400 to the Wausau-based teen homeless shelter Keep Area Teens Safe. The donation will be used to buy Chromebooks for residents to complete homework and apply for jobs. The shelter is open to central Wisconsin youth ages 12-17.
- $1,000 to Sand Box Child Care & Preschool in Medford to support the purchase of a new, all-inclusive outdoor playground and learning structures for the children who attend the center.
- $1,000 to the Wood County Health Department to support the Bike Share program it established in 10 locations across the Wisconsin Rapids and Marshfield areas. So far in 2022, 851 rides have been documented through the program, including the River Riders Bike Share program in Wisconsin Rapids and the Marshfield Community Bike Share Program.