Each spring, BankBeat honors Amazing Outside Directors. Nominations for outside directors are accepted at any time, but submissions close on January 1. The Amazing Outside Directors program is sponsored by CliftonLarsonAllen.
Amazing Outside Directors are people who invest in the success of their local community banks by contributing skills, insights and analysis to bank governance, all while helping their institutions develop new relationships
Nominated individuals should serve on boards for banks located in one of the following states: North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan or Iowa.
Send nominations by January 1 to Jacqueline Nasseff Hilgert at [email protected] or use snail mail: BankBeat, NFR Communications, 945 Winnetka Ave. N., #145, Golden Valley, MN 55427.
Click HERE to nominate a director online.
Here are individuals who've been honored as Amazing Outside Directors in the past:
- Becki Drahota, Bank Midwest, Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Fran Fleck, County Bank, Sigourney, Iowa
- Michael Vekich, BNC National Bank, Bismarck, N.D.
- Tip Enebak, Tradition Capital Bank, Edina, Minn.
- Tom Palmer, Park State Bank, Duluth, Minn.
- Rick Brimacomb, Highland Bank, St. Paul, Minn.
- John Dykema, Nicolet National Bank, Green Bay, Wis.
- Kent Edson, Dacotah Bank, Aberdeen, S.D.
- Howard Hagen, SHAZAM Network, Johnson, Iowa.
- Jeff Halloin, Charter Bank, Eau Claire, Wis.
- Erlin Weness, First State Bank Southwest, Worthington, Minn.
- Mark Guetzko, F&M Bank, Manchester, Iowa.
- Audrey Johnson, New Market Bank, Elko New Market, Minn.
- Karen Grandstrand, TCF Financial, Wayzata, Minn.
- Tom Diehl, Bank of Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Rod Fouberg, Dacotah Bank, Aberdeen, S.D.
- Pat Oberle, Morton Community Bank, Morton, Ill.
- Greg Ebert, Bankwest, Rockford, Minn.