Each spring, BankBeat honors Amazing Outside Directors. Nominations for outside directors are accepted at any time, but submissions close on January 15. The Amazing Outside Directors program is sponsored by Eide Bailly.
Amazing Outside Directors are people who invest in the success of their local community banks by contributing skills, insights and analysis to bank governance, all while helping their institutions develop new relationships
Nominated individuals should serve on boards for banks located in one of the following states: North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan or Iowa.
Send nominations by January 15 to Jacqueline Nasseff Hilgert at [email protected] or use snail mail: BankBeat, NFR Communications, 7400 Metro Blvd., Suite 217, Minneapolis, MN 55439.
Click HERE to nominate a director online.
Here are individuals who've been honored as Amazing Outside Directors in the past:
- Karen Grandstrand, TCF Financial, Wayzata, Minn.
- Tom Diehl, Bank of Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Rod Fouberg, Dacotah Bank, Aberdeen, S.D.
- Pat Oberle, Morton Community Bank, Morton, Ill.
- Greg Ebert, Bankwest, Rockford, Minn.
- Steve Burggraf, Grand Rapids State Bank, Grand Rapids, Minn.
- Tom Campbell, Choice Financial Group, Fargo, N.D.
- Walter Carlson, M.D., First Dakota National Bank, Yankton, S.D.
- Jon Lancaster, McFarland State Bank, McFarland, Wis.
- Vince Robinson, First Security Bank, Hendricks, Minn.