Kansas City, Mo.-based UMB Bank donated $2 million to seven nonprofits at the end of last year.
The donations, announced in a Jan. 17 press release, included a combined total of $500,000 to area nonprofits Community Housing of Wyandotte County and supportive housing organization Amethyst Place for their work in supporting housing and health needs, economic development and financial stability in Kansas City.
Five additional donations totaling $1.5 million were made to Denver-, St. Louis-, Phoenix- and Dallas-based organizations, including:
- $550,000 to Denver-based BankWork$, which provides free career training, placement assistance, industry-specific coaching and access to banking and financial services for young adults in under-resourced areas of Dallas, Denver and Phoenix.
- $300,000 to Urban League of St. Louis
- $250,000 to Phoenix-based affordable housing and community development group Local Initiatives Support Corp.
- $200,000 to Denver-based affordable dental care provider Kids in Need of Dentistry.
- $200,000 to North Texas-based mental health services provider Metrocare Dallas. The donation will support the group’s housing programs and new campus development.
The donations brought the $37 billion bank’s total giving last year to more than $7.5 million.
“We have a steadfast commitment to the prosperity of the communities we serve, and we are excited to present these gifts to community partners throughout our footprint,” said UMB Financial Chair, President and CEO Mariner Kemper in the release. “Each one of these organizations provides unique services and care to our community members, and we’re honored to support them in their efforts.”